Escape from the busyness of life and embrace a nurturing weekend of yoga, breath work and guided meditation. Rejuvenate with mindful movement and tap into your fearless heart with breath work and meditation.
Connect with other women in a safe, nurturing and supportive environment and draw on the quiet beautiful energy of the Eastern Shore. While on the Bay enjoy peaceful autumn scenery, nature walks and quiet spaces to recharge. Delicious nourishing meals (vegetarian available) and cabin style accommodations are included.
All are welcome regardless of experience level or spiritual path.
click here to register
Facilities & Accommodations:
Occohannock on the Bay Camp and Retreat Center is located on 50 acres overlooking the Occohannock and Tawes Creeks and the Chesapeake Bay on Virginia’s Eastern Shore.
Sleeping accommodations are in comfortable, air-conditioned cabins, adjacent to newly renovated bathhouses in a pristine camp setting.
Each cabin will accommodate 4-6 women. Guests bring their own bed linens, pillows, and towels.
The main lodge offers a dining room, community space with fireplace, and screened porch.
Parking is available at the site.
Wi-Fi is available in the Dining Hall but not in cabins.
Cellular service is extremely limited. Emergency contact number 757-442-7836, please leave this number with your point of contact in case someone needs to reach you. There are three phones with this number: the nurse’s station, camp office and camp director’s house.
No alcohol, tobacco or drugs are permitted on site.
What to bring:
• Bed linens for twin size mattress, pillow, blanket or sleeping bag
• Bath towel, toiletries
• Sunscreen, bug spray
• Beach towel, bathing suit, hats for shade
• Yoga mat, any props you require (straps, blocks, meditation cushion /floor chair)
• Comfortable clothing for yoga and hiking
• Rain protection in case of bad weather
• Sneakers, water shoes
• Journal and pen
Tentative schedule (please keep in mind some activities listed are weather-dependent)
▪ 4pm Check in, register and explore the space
▪ 5:30 Dinner
▪ 6:30- 7:30 Orientation and Ice Breaker activity
▪ 8:00-9:00 Light Yoga Flow
▪ 9:00-9:30 Meditation & Yoga Nidra
▪ 7:30-8:30 Metta Meditation & Hatha
▪ 8:30-9:15 Breakfast
▪ 9:30-10:00 - RAIN Meditation
▪ 10:30-11:30 “Make & Take” Self-care Workshop
▪ 11:45-12:45 - Lunch
▪ 1:00-2:00 Walking Meditation
▪ 2:00-3:30 Free time/Optional Team building
▪ 4:00-5:00 Restorative Yoga
▪ 5:30-6:30 Dinner
▪ 7:00-8:30 Energy Yoga Talk & Gentle Flow
▪ 8:30pm Bonfire - Isha Kriya
▪ 7:30-8:15 Pranayama (breath work) & Meditation
▪ 8:15-9:00 Light Breakfast
▪ 9:30-10:45 Canoeing or Relaxing by the Bay
▪ 11:30 Brunch
▪ 1:00-1:30pm - Closing Meditation - Fearless Heart
Check out 2pm
Location & DIrections:
Occohannock on the Bay Camp and Retreat Center
9403 Camp Lane, Belle Haven, Virginia 23306
The drive to the camp from the main highway (Rt. 13 North or South) twists and turns through a variety of paved, scenic back roads.
Turn left (from the South) or right (from the North) on Route 178 at the Exxon Gas Station (traffic light). Go 1 mile, turn left on Route 178 at Phillips Hardware (small gas station/grocery store); Go 2.6 miles, turn left on to Route 613, Indian Trail Road. Go 1.4 miles to stop sign. Cross Craddockville Road and continue on Route 613. Go 1 mile and turn right on Route 612 (Scarsborough Neck Road). Go 0.6 miles; turn left on Route 611 (Occohannock Road). Road curves 1.1 miles to the Camp sign. Turn right onto Camp Lane and enter the camp.
Look for the Camp Occohannock signs with arrows beginning at the Town of Exmore, the Exxon Gas Station. The sign has the United Methodist Cross & Flame and the name of the camp.
Pricing: click here to register
$270 if purchased by September 1
$310 if purchased after Sept 1
Yoga Nook Refund Policy:
Before September 1, 2018, a refund is available minus $50 administrative fees.
After September 1, 2018, a refund (minus $50 administrative fees) may be possible if we are able to fill your space with another retreatant.
Refund balance will be issued in form of cash or check.
If you choose to leave the retreat early, no refunds are available.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
(757) 454-6849 firstname.lastname@example.org