Would you like to learn how to teach to any population regardless of limitations? Chair yoga can help you teach yoga therapeutically, grow you as a teacher and make you more profitable. Since 2014, Yoga Nook has offered chair yoga and our program is thriving. We know how important this special modality of yoga is. Learn the skills and knowledge to help you become an amazing chair yoga teacher!
You will learn:
- Why teaching chair yoga is so important for your future students
and for you to grow as a teacher
- A review of anatomy with emphasis on our bodies as we age and what is affected
- Key Elements of Chair Yoga
- Mindfulness and breathing techniques specialized for the aging population
- How to sequence a class
- Modifications and adjustments with props
- Putting it all into practice, practice teaching your own sequence to the group
When: July 21 1-5pm
Investment: if purchased before June 21 $125 after June 21 $145. Price includes a manual for you to take home. Click here to purchase
Please note: This is a certified continuing education program through Yoga Alliance. CEU’s will be given. This is open to teachers who have completed a 200 hr training.
Alex is the director of Yoga Nook. She is an ERYT-200 and has over 2500 hours of teaching experience. In addition to the many classes she teaches at the Nook, she also teaches therapeutic yoga to children and adults with special needs.
Natasha has 500 hours of training, 300 hours in therapeutic yoga and over 3500 hours of teaching experience. She has been teaching several different styles of yoga in the Hampton Roads community since 2008.