Considering Teacher Training?
Things to ask yourself when looking for yoga teacher training:
- Does the training offer in depth study of asana, pranayama, and meditation, as well as an introduction to yoga philosophy?
- Does the training provide the necessary tools to teach to a variety of populations?
- Will the training offer the exploration of different yoga modalities such as, restorative, yin, prenatal, and chair yoga?
- Are the instructors highly qualified and have years of teaching experience?
- Will I have mentors work with me throughout the program and will I be part of a learning community once training is completed?
- Will the anatomy training cover how to apply anatomy and physiology knowledge to teach the poses and sequence classes in a safe and effective way?
- Will I feel qualified to teach a well rounded class upon graduation?
- Will I gain the necessary tools to theme and sequence a class?
- Will I be able to teach at other studios with what I’ve learned?
- Will I learn to take my yoga off the mat and into my life?
- Will I have an opportunity to teach a live class in a studio setting? (After graduation, Yoga Nook graduates will have an opportunity to take turns teaching our Karma yoga classes.)